Deaf Wellbeing Society uses an existing grant system called “Lottery Individuals with Disabilities” (LIWD).
Many Deaf do not know it is available for the Deaf to use.
How to Apply?
What supporting documents do I need to upload?
1. Verification of Disability with example of Verification of Disability and medical certificate from your GP
Support Letters can be from many different areas, below is a list of examples
Deaf non-profit organisations/charitable organisations
Your social worker
2) The grant committee likes to see your support letter based on
1. Your past community involvement
2. Your current community involvement
3. What benefits there are for you having communication equipment related to your community involvement.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
FAQ - what's contents
1. Who can apply?
2. How many times can you apply?
3. Can more than one person living at the same place apply?
4. Health professionals like who?
5. How long will I need to wait until I hear?
6. What happens if my new technology is stolen or lost
If you have any questions when making your application, contact the DWS administrator, Natasha Jumelet on email@example.com